WDSS International CEO and Certified Consulting Meteorologist Bill Conway has performed research, and testimony when necessary, on legal cases in which reconstruction of weather conditions are required.
Bill Conway’s experience comprises a diverse set of cases including:
- Downed powerlines due to thunderstorm winds causing fire and destroying building of a national restaurant chain.
- Fatality vehicle accident involving winter weather.
- Fatality vehicle accident involving overturned semitruck due to thunderstorm winds.
- Fatality vehicle accident involving the presence of fog.
- Downed powerlines due to thunderstorm winds causing damage to irrigation system.
- Determination of the presence of hail in building damage (multiple cases).
- Fatality accident involving downed trees on scout camp.
- Injury accident involving skydiving.
- Determination of the presence of lightning in building damage.
- Determination of weather conditions involving pesticide drift and crop damage.
- Determination of maximum wind velocity at location during hurricane.
- Downed powerlines resulting in large wildfire and loss of property and livestock.
WDSS also has access to a network of Certified Consulting Meteorologists and University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology/National Weather Center faculty and senior technical staff if needed. When additional professional or niche expertise is necessary, hourly rates for other CCMs, faculty or senior technical staff involvement are negotiated on an individual basis.
Please contact us for all your meteorological consulting needs.